The DOPA® laminate is a double-wall coating system which provides high tank integrity. The DOPA® laminate system is an internal tank lining system to rehabilitate tanks directly on-site without interruption of site service ensuring business continuity.
The DOPA® laminate coating system is reinforced with a laminate layer in order to provide the required mechanical integrity. The DOPA® laminate coating system reinforces the first wall with a laminate layer too. The liquid epoxy top layer is classified as solvent-free, high solid, non-flammable, and ensuring safe operation at the construction site and has great chemical resistance.
It allows us to install a class 1 vacuum monitoring of the interstice according to EN13160-2.
The system is specially approved for concrete tanks to be monitored double wall.
Structure of the lining system:
The lining system shall be applied on the degreased and clean surface according to the adhesion criteria of ISO EN 18479 for epoxy-based materials:
- Surface treatment, cleaning, degassing, remove all oil residuals
- Repairing the surface and leveling of welding’s with epoxy mortar
Coating Application Technology:
- No ground layer is required
- Manual application of lamination on the surface with ADAFLEX® and application of a woven double-layered fiberglass (450 g/m2)
- Place the aluminum sheets on the surface with approx. 10-15 mm overlapping and fix them with bi-adhesive tapes.
- Manual application of lamination on the aluminum sheets and application of a woven double-layered fiberglass (450 g/m2)
- Slightly rub or sandpaper of the entire surface, remove dust
- Application of EPOFLEX® top layer by spraying
- Check for pinholes with pinhole tester and rework possible pinholes
- Application of the conductive/antistatic layer ADAPOX® by rolling
The above information is based on tests by approved institutes (e.g. TÜV Süd Germany) and many years of experience. As the lining performance depends on correct installation, we offer application courses for certified installers and installation supervisors and provide certificates which shall be renewed every 3 years.