The DOPA® system is a double-wall coating system which provides high tank integrity for the internal tank lining. Rehabilitate tanks directly on-site without interruption of site service ensuring business continuity.
The DOPA® coating system is reinforced with a laminate layer in order to provide the required mechanical integrity. The liquid epoxy top layer is classified as solvent-free, high solid, non-flammable, and ensuring safe operation at the construction site and has great chemical resistance.
It allows us to install a class 1 vacuum monitoring of the interstice according to EN13160-2.
The system has the DIBt approval (Z-65.30-486) and is approved according to EN13160-7:2016.
Structure of the lining system:
The lining system shall be applied on the degreased and clean surface according to the adhesion criteria of ISO EN 18479 for epoxy-based materials:
- Surface treatment, cleaning, degassing, remove all oil residuals
- Repairing the surface and leveling of welding’s with epoxy mortar
Coating Application Technology:
- Application of EPOFLEX® ground layer by spraying
- Place the aluminum sheets on the surface with approx. 10-15 mm overlapping and fix them with bio-adhesive tapes.
- Manual application of lamination on the aluminum sheets and application of a woven double-layered fiberglass (450 g/m2)
- Slightly rub or sandpaper of the entire surface, remove dust
- Application of EPOFLEX® top layer by spraying
- Check for pinholes with pinhole tester and rework possible pinholes
- Application of the conductive/antistatic layer ADAPOX® by rolling
Simple Schematic Method of Statement: